- Notice yourself, where you are and breathe…next time you feel anxious or overwhelmed, put away any devices with screens (perhaps even leave your phone in a different room and/or silence unnecessary notifications) and take a moment to focus on your breath.
- Download an app that monitors your screen time and try to spend less time on it. You might be surprised to know how many times you actually look at your screen or how many hours/minutes a day you spend on it. Knowing this can actually decrease that amount.
- Notice your surroundings, if there are loved ones, whether a partner, child, friend or pet, give them your undivided attention and spend quality time with them. When you’re with yourself, take the time for self-care
- Change your environment. Sometimes stepping outside or changing our environment can help us recenter ourselves.
- Think about the positive things that are in your life now so that you can appreciate and focus on them.
- Make time to meditate – even just a few minutes a day of sitting in stillness can allow you to become more present.
- Reset– A New day is just that, for most things you can start each day anew, regardless of past arguments, discussions or thoughts. Consciously choosing to hit the refresh button when you start each day, means you’re more in control of how you feel.
The Power of Practicing Presence Each Day
Copyright © 2018 Insider Mom Blog