Lisa Hendrickson-Jack is the author of The Fifth Vital Sign.
Through her work as a fertility awareness educator and holistic reproductive practitioner, she has helped many women chart their menstrual cycles for natural birth control, conception, and monitoring overall health. She also talks about understanding the fifth vital sign.
In her new book The Fifth Vital Sign, Lisa debunks the myth that regular ovulation is only important when you want children, by recognizing the menstrual cycle as a vital sign. Drawing heavily from the current scientific literature, Lisa presents an evidence-based approach to fertility awareness and menstrual cycle optimization.
In this episode she covers:
– Reasons why women and all menstruating people, need to learn about their menstrual cycle and what it’s telling them about their health.
– The one sign you should NOT ignore that can indicate abnormal cell growth and the need for a pap asap.
– How certain types of birth control impact the body’s short and long-term health.
– How modern fertility awareness methods can be up to 99.4% for birth control if used correctly….And why it’s very helpful for some and…. why it’s not for everyone.
– How over-exercising, under-eating and stress impact the menstrual cycle.
To learn more about Lisa, check out her work at fertilityfriday.com … Also make sure to check out her podcast too. She hosts the Fertility Friday Podcast, a weekly radio show devoted to helping women connect to their fifth vital sign by uncovering the connection between menstrual cycle health, fertility, and overall health.