You’re gonna want to try this refreshing, tasty and healthy summer dessert! One you can whip up in a blender and that you don’t have to make using an oven or fancy equipment. Check it out below:
Peach Spinach and Cocoa Crunch Vegan Cheesecake
This Peach Spinach and Cocoa Crunch Cheescake is a tasty, refreshing and healthy dessert, perfect for summer. It has just the right amount of sweetness and it's best consumed cold. It doesn't contain any refined sugar and is sweetened with a bit of maple syrup instead. You can mix everything with a blender, so it's super simple to make. Adding a bit of spinach means you get your greens in, but since it's combined with the peach and cashew filling, it's tastes yummy too.
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cup
- 9" diameter pie pan or dish
- 1 ½ cups cashews (preferably soaked overnight)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 peaches
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup spinach
- 9 dates
- 2 cups peanuts (lightly salted)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3-5 Peach slices
- 3 Strawberries
- ½ cup semi-sweet dark baking chocolate
- Grease the pie dish with 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Put the lightly salted peanuts in a high powered blender and pulse until coursely ground
- Remove the date pits and chop up all the dates
- Mix and mash the ground peanuts, chopped dates and cocoa together and press into pie dish.
- For the filling add all the filling ingredients to the high powered blender and blend until fully mixed.
- Pour the filling over the pie crust (if there is any left over, put in a separate container to freeze or cool and consume on its own)
- Place the pie pan containing the crust and filling in the freezer for 3-5 hours (you can check it during this time, but if it is too soft, you can place it back in for an additional hour). When it is ready you can take it out, consume and store in the fridge to eat the same or following day.
- Optional Step: After about 3 hours you can melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler and dip the peach slices and strawberries in and place them on parchment paper in a container (or a container with a lightly greased surface) and place in the freezer. You can also bring out the chilled vegan cheesecake and drizzle the remaining chocolate on it, placing it back in the freezer when it is done.
For any leftover Peach Spinach and Cocoa Crunch Vegan Cheesecake filling, you can add it to a freezer-safe container for 3-5 hours then transfer to the fridge to consume as a tasty and refreshing summer pudding. You can top it off with coursely chopped nuts or dates too.