Overcoming Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding Struggles
Discover the Magic of Laid-back Breastfeeding (a.k.a Biological Nurturing)
The simple act of leaning back offers the following benefits:
1. Your baby’s feeding reflexes become more pronounced (ex. crawling, rooting, grasping, mouth opening) and help them crawl to the breast and latch much more deeply.
2. It takes the pressure off of the nursing parent – you are creating a responsive and supportive feeding environment, but your baby is doing to work of latching and nursing.
3. Gravity supports your baby, so your wrists don’t ache.
4. It promotes relaxation, which aids in oxytocin release and helps more milk flow to the baby.
5. It makes breastfeeding more intuitive and responsive.
Want to share or save this post for later? You can pin it on Pinterest —>
Laid-back breastfeeding or chestfeeding activates essential feeding reflexes in your baby
Laid-back nursing helps with latch
Laid-Back Breastfeeding Video Demonstration
If you’d like to see how to position yourself for laid-back breastfeeding, check out the following video: