An discussion with Kimberly Seals Allers
In this discussion journalist Kimberly Seals-Allers addresses:
– Why all women need to have access to the education and tools that will help them have a more satisfying birth and postpartum experience.
– The reason Black women and babies are suffering from a failing system the most
– Why traditional feminism needs to evolve
– Why the work of mothering needs to be valued as important work
– The reason we need a culture that supports mothers
Kimberly Seals Allers @iamksealsallers is an award-winning journalist, and leading breastfeeding commentator. Her work has been featured in theNew York Times, Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, CNN.com, Ladies Home Journal, The New York Daily News, Real Simple, Fortune, Pregnancyand many others. She has appeared on Good Morning America, CNN, Anderson Cooper, Fox News and the Huckabee Show and NPR. Kimberly worked at Fortune, Essence, New York Post andThe Times (of London), before turning to freelance work. She is the author ofThe Mocha Manual® series of books and the co-author ofGiving Notice: Why the Best and Brightest are Leaving the Workplace.
To learn more, have a listen.