An interview with Janine Halloran
Humans can have pretty big emotions, and kids in particular don’t always have the knowledge or experience to deal with them. They often need help and guidance to better process them.
Janine Halloran @copingskillsforkids is a licensed mental health counselor, entrepreneur and creator of the copings skills for kids products and resources for children. She teaches children how to deal with stress, anxiety and anger in healthy ways.
In this episode she talks about:
– How she first became a mental health counselor
– The incredible experience of helping a child with counseling have a total mindset shift that improved their outlook on life and themselves. An experience that motivated her to pursue her path in counseling and helping children further
– Why she values counseling and has sought it out for her own kids
– The reason she believes it’s healthier for her own children to receive counseling services from another professional, other than herself
– How schools can better address mental health and de-stigmatize it
– The products and resources she has created to help kids deal with stress, anxiety and anger in a healthy manner.
Make sure to check out this episode.
Mental Health Resources
Here you can check out the links Janine has provided.
24/7 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
The new Canada Suicide Prevention Service (CSPS), by Crisis Services Canada, enables callers anywhere in Canada to access crisis support by phone, in French or English: toll-free 1-833-456-4566 Available 24/7
by texting TALK to 686868 to reach an English speaking Crisis Responder and TEXT to 686868 to reach a French-speaking Crisis Responder on any text/SMS enabled cell phone.
24/7 Helpline: 116 123 (UK and ROI)