Guy P. Harrison shares his take on critical thinking.
Critical thinking is a skill that is especially necessary today. With so many opposing views and misinformation that is rapidly spread online, it can be hard to distinguish fact from fiction. It’s also critical for more people to learn how to become critical thinkers for the benefit of humankind.
Today’s guest is Guy P. Harrison, an award winning journalist, author and advocate for science and reason. He’s written books including Think Before You Like: Social Media’s Effect on the Brain and the Tools You Need to Navigate Your Newsfeed, Good Thinking, and several others.
In today’s interview some of the topics we cover are:
- Confirmation bias and how to become aware of it.
- Moving towards truth and reality rather than false information.
- The upsides and downsides of social media.
- How to raise our kids to be critical thinkers.
- The need for supporting mothers and how it contributes to the advancement of humanity.
- The value of kindness.
- The future of humankind