An interview with psychotherapist Allison Villa
There’s no doubt that couples’ relationships can change after having kids. A lot depends on how they go about tending to the needs of their kids and themselves, both individually and as a couple. But how can couples thrive rather than merely survive?
In this episode, psychotherapist Allison Villa discusses ways couples can keep their connection strong, while also providing helpful tips for tuning-up their relationship during some of life’s more difficult seasons.
In this episode Allison discusses:
– Why self-care is vital to maintaining a healthy relationship
– The benefits of therapy, both for individuals and couples
– Why it’s crucial to have a therapist that creates a safe space and how to find one that’s a fit
– Postpartum depression and the need for support
– Her own personal experiences tending to her mental and emotional health and how it lead her on the path to becoming a successful psychotherapist after starting out as a performer.
– Her family’s move to Mexico and the lessons it brought
-Online programs and resources couples can access
Make sure to check this episode out.
Also, you can get The Self-Care Toolkit Allison mentions: here
About Allison Villa
Allison Villa is a Registered Psychotherapist and relationship expert. She is the founder of House and Hook, an online platform specializing in keeping couples’ thriving throughout parenthood.
As a wife and mother, she understands how raising a family affects the romantic relationship and the challenges that modern parents face. With Allison’s virtual therapy practice, online courses, and monthly membership program, this keepin-it-real-mama combines her personal and professional experience to teach busy couples to live with intention & to use simple time-efficient strategies to connect with each other.
You can also find her on Instagram: @houseandhook